All About MySpace
MySpace is a social network. Each person has a profile that has been sectioned off into About Me” and “Who I’d Like to Meet.” This profile is also sectioned off into Interests,” as well as “Details.” The “Details” section is further split off into “Status” and “Zodiac Sign.” It is important to realize that the profile section also contains a blog. One may also have images and fotos on MySpace that can even be set to go from one photo to another in a special slideshow presentation.
Additionally one can have music on your profile, share music files with your friends, and this even includes videos and flash-based content. Its involvement with discovery of new talent as far as musicians go is already legendary, and to this day it is the site to have your music be listened to by millions of listeners without having to go through normal channels. MySpace Music in addition is supplemented by a highly improved playlist feature as well as artist profiles. Because it also has better music suggestion features, it is now a maximum rated and highly developed music discovery site found on the Web.
There are so many other benefits to using MySpace, that a few of them are listed here with a small description of each.
- Bulletin boards –These are highly useful for reaching a broader amount of persons. Thus, it is used to spread out your influence.
- Groups — Are created by anyone who feels that their interests are not adequately represented by a group of people. These users can then share a message board as well as a common page.
- IM – instant messenging. Considered one of the many advantages that therefore is limited to those with only your own interests in mind.
- Video sharing – by being able to share videos, those who have made their own videos may now do so.
- MySpace — mobile phone contact – This is actually a special section reserved exclusively for contact via mobile phones.
- MySpace news — run by the members themselves via votes as to which stories are the most important. The story then rises in importance if it has enough votes for it.
- MySpace Karaoke – The sharing of songs made possible by users
- MySpace Polls – Let’s anyone post a poll for any reason.
- Politics sections – Used to present those running for office, who should vote for them and why.
One of the things that MySpace is renowned for is that it is available in so many languages, so that users from all over the world can communicate on it. Currently MySpace is available for: Global (includes USA), Australia, Brazil, Canada (English), Canada (French), China, Denmark, France, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Latin America, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, UK, USA (Spanish).
It is mind boggling to see how much reach one person can have with the use of MySpace, and it has gained in popularity a hundred fold since it’s inception just because of that one reason.
New!! MySpace is connecting with Facebook today. You can sign up using your Facebook account and they’ll import your basic profile info.
Read Other Articles: